Located in Rollingwood, Chevy Chase, MD.
This handsome Tudor style home is magnificently sited on an expansive lot with circular drive on the corner of Leland Street and Brookville Road in Chevy Chase. Interesting detail work in the brick and a heavy slate roof enhance the elegant architectural details.
Across the rear, an addition to the original house provides the family room/sun room with a wall of windows, as well as the enlarged kitchen and laundry, all on the first floor. On the second floor, the addition includes an expanded master bedroom suite with sitting room, dressing area and second master bath.
In 1989 the electrical system was updated, and a new heating system and central air conditioning was installed. A drain tile system and sump pump and new oversize gutters were also installed.
The entire house has been decorated in the finest of taste using exceptionally high quality materials. The hardwood floors have been refinished, and the terra cotta floor was laid in the family room and kitchen. Note the distinctive tile back splashes in the kitchen with matching range hood.
- Three story entrance foyer with handsome staircase, a second story balcony, beamed ceiling and mullioned windows.
- Living room with dark green marble surrounded fireplace; French doors opening to the side deck; exquisite hardwood floor and beautiful crown molding.
- Library with fireplace; lacquered canvas walls with matching shutters on the windows; handsome Belgian hand blocked linen velvet curtains; hardwood floor, recessed lights, built-in book shelves; mirrored bar with liquor cabinet beneath.
- Formal dining room with the same exquisite hardwood floor; crown molding; strie' wall treatment in pleasing neutral tones; arched entry to living room. (Chandelier in DR does not convey).
- Family Room across the rear: a bright 18' x 40' room with brick walls; terra cotta floor; high ceiling; keystones above the three doors that lead to the livingroom and dining room; a bank of oak cabinets across the side wall with textured formica counter top and Jenn Air grill; recessed lights and a wall of Anderson windows across the 40' exterior wall and French doors opening to the deck.
- A double kitchen: a cook's kitchen and a serving kitchen with terra cotta floor, back splashes of hand finished ceramic tile; solid oak cabinets with slide out drawers; double decker spice cabinet; a large center island providing a breakfast bar as well as additional under counter cabinets. (Kitchen chandelier does not convey).
- Appliances include two Thermador wall ovens (one is both Microwave and conventional); a Sub Zero refrigerator and a separate Sub Zero freezer; a gas cook top; two Kitchen Aid dishwashers; an under-counter oven in the island and a U Line Ice Maker; another ice maker in the freezer; a trash compacter; in the serving kitchen, a Thermador warming oven and counter top burners.
- Across the far wall of the kitchen is a bank of floor to ceiling closets and a recess for a desk or book shelves.
- Laundry Room: Off the kitchen is a large laundry room with cabinets and counter top work space; a storage closet and a large window overlooking the side yard.
- Powder room off the entrance foyer is tastefully decorated and mirrored. In keeping with the decor of the first floor, there is a hardwood floor in the powder room.
- Large master bedroom suite with sitting room and two master bathroom. Walls are upholstered in an off white fabric, and there is matching wall to wall carpeting. The sitting room has a skylight and sliding glass doors that open to an upper level outdoor balcony. There is a wall of closets in the sitting room and closets galore in the dressing area. All closets are fitted with both hanging and drawer space as well as shelving. One bathroom has a large shower with multiple shower heads and the other has a skylight, tub and shower.
- Second bedroom is large, has triple exposure, and plentiful closet space; Venetian glass chandelier.
- Third bedroom between the other two is single size, also with ample closet space and a Venetian glass chandelier.
- Hall bath with tub.
- Recreation room with fireplace; wall to wall carpeting and a bank of floor to ceiling closets along one wall; recessed lighting.
- Bedroom and full bath excellent as a guest suite.
- Wine cellar
- Large two car built-in garage with automatic garage door opener.
For more information about this property, please contact me via email.