Located in Chevy Chase Village, Maryland.
This wonderful 1902 Chevy Chase Village Victorian with wrap-around porch and white picket fence, is located on a very special block in the village. Renovated in 1989, it has an intriguing family room and master bedroom suite addition across the rear designed by architect Roy Mason.
The 1989 addition included a complete upgrade of the electrical system, central air conditioning for the addition, a central vaccum system, new hardwood floors, and a large two-car garage.
The entire house has been professionally decorated in the finest of taste using exceptionally high quality materials.
- Entrance foyer with handsome staircase and large coat closet.
- Living room with fireplace and double doors from the entrance foyer, windows facing front as well as side on either side of the fireplace.
- Formal dining room with beamed ceiling, handsome bay window and pass through from the library. There are pocket doors between the living room and the dining room.
- Library with rich wood paneling and dental moldings, a wet bar, built-in liquor cabinet, faux marble shelf and pass through to the dining room. And there is a built-in desk along the window wall.
- Family Room is octagonal in shape with high tray ceiling, recessed lights and overhead fan. Sunshine streams into the room during the day through the Palladium windows as well as the glass doors that open to the deck and patio. The fireplace is wood burning and has a specially designed, hand caved mahogany framing that runs to ceiling height. The hearth and the surround are marble. Walls are lacquered in a deep bottle green color, which, contrasted with the white trim of the windows and doors is both warm and dramatic. The green wall to wall carpet blends with the walls.
- Kitchen: The corridor kitchen is very efficient, well equipped with a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher (new in 1996), a Thermador gas cook top with grill, double self-cleaning GE wall ovens, a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer, a Whirlpool compactor, and a disposal; microwave oven conveys. Lovely white ceramic tile floor and recessed lights.
- Breakfast Room: The breakfast room is off the kitchen. It opens to the family room and is also irregular in shape with the same palladium windows and double doors that open to the deck, recessed lights and ceiling fan.
- Powder room.
- Rear stair case: There is a rear stair case that leads from the hallway adjacent to the family room to the master bedroom suite. This staircase has a stained glass skylight.
- Deck and Patio: The deck and patio provide a quiet and esthetically pleasing place to relax. Trellis work on the garage wall adorned by honey suckle and clematis creates an arched lattice garden wall. A water fountain and night lighting completes a lovely picture. From the patio along the west side of the house is a well tended garden and pathway to a side gate, also lighted at night.
- Master bedroom suite: The master bedroom is above the family room and has the same octagonal shaping and large windows. The room has tray ceilings and recessed lights. A working fireplace adds to the charm and romance of the room.
- The master bath is marble with jacuzzi tub, separate shower and double sinks, tray ceiling and recessed lights.
- There is a large walk in closet and another large double door closet.
- Prior to the addition, two of the original bedrooms had been combined to make the former master bedroom with bath. This room connects to and is currently part of the master suite. It provides the suite with a large sitting room and a second bathroom. The wall that had been taken down could be restored to provide a fourth bedroom with its own bath on the second floor, and the former door off the upstairs hall could be restored to leave the master bedroom with a sitting room and access from the hall. The attached floor plans illustrate how this can be done.
- There are ceiling fans in the master bedroom and in the sitting room.
- Transoms above the doors between the bedroom and the bathroom and the bedroom and the hallway provide an extra light source.
- Two more bedrooms
- Hall bath with tub.
- Walk up attic - floored and with good head room could easiliy be developed.
- Recreation room with independent exit to the side yard.
- Bedroom and full bath excellent as a guest suite or au Pair suite.
- Laundry room with washer and dryer.
- Storage area.
For more information about this property, please contact me via email.